1. These rules apply to all contests conducted by Seattle Natural Awakenings magazine, (the "Magazine") unless otherwise specified in the specific contest rules for particular contests governed by their own separate contest rules.
Who Can Enter
2. To enter, contestants must be 18 years of age or older.
3. Employees and contractors (including, without limitation, part-time or temporary employees) of the Magazine or contest sponsors or any other Seattle area print media; and contest sponsors, and their respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and advertising and promotion agencies at any time during the applicable contesting period and the immediate family and other household members (i.e., spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, roommates, housemates, significant others, partners, and siblings) of each of the above are NOT eligible to enter and/or to win the Contest.
4. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Contestants may enter by posting on Seattle Natural Awakening's Facebook page and describing “why my mom is the best” to be entered.
5. Contestants must respond to claim prize within 5 business days, otherwise another drawing will be held to choose another winner and the original contestant will forfeit the prize. Contestant will be announced and personally notified via all forms of communication through which they can be positively identified: Twitter, Facebook and email if available.
6. Magazine is not responsible for any entries, Internet connections and/or social media updates that are misdirected, lost, stolen, disconnected, not received, or are incorrect. All entries become the property of the Magazine and will not be acknowledged or returned.
7. Entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries that are determined to be fraudulent will be void, and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in that contest.
8. Entries that are determined by Magazine to be fraudulent will be void and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in the contest. Incomplete entries may be disqualified in Magazine 's sole discretion.
9. One or more contests may be announced from time to time. Magazine may run more than one contest simultaneously, but entries will only be solicited for one contest at a time.
10. By entering in contest, Magazine is granted permission to publish winner's name and photo in print and via social media.
11. Prizes awarded are the responsibility of the businesses sponsoring the prizes and arrangements to fulfill services/pick up prizes must be made with each individual business in advance of services.
12. Business owners sponsoring giveaway may determine to release prizes to winners only. Winners may be required to present a valid photo ID in order to pick up any prize or schedule any service that has been won. Winners may be required to sign a Release relieving the business, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, members, managers, employees, agents and contest sponsors from any and all liability with respect to the contestant's participation in the contest and the receipt and/or use of the prize. Any person who refuses to sign such a Release and/or provide a valid ID will forfeit the contest prize. In addition, winner must provide social security number and/or tax identification number so the Magazine may issue a 1099 form for prizes worth $600 or more. Failure to provide a social security number and/or tax identification number will result in forfeiture of the contest.
13. Magazine reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for all contests and giveaways. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
14. Prizes not claimed within five (5) days of being awarded, or in the case of a time sensitive prize, within its period of usability, shall be considered forfeited and will become property of sponsoring business owner. Such prize may be disposed of at the discretion of the business owner.
15. Winners may be responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prize, as set forth in the contest rules, and will be issued an IRS 1099 form for all prizes won from Magazine where the aggregate value of all prizes is $600 or more.
16. By participating in a Magazine contest, each contestant hereby consents to the Magazine and contest sponsors' usage of the following for print and for advertising and promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration: contestant's name; voice; likeness; biographical information; his/her participation in the contest; and Twitter handle or Facebook account.
17. Odds of winning depend on the how the contest is conducted. For random drawing, the odds of winning depend upon number of eligible entries received. All tie breaking procedures will be announced via social media (Facebook and Twitter).
18. By participating in a Magazine contest, entrants hereby agree that Magazine has no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession and/or use of a prize or an entrant's participation in any such contest.
19. Magazine contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
20. Magazine is not responsible for any technical difficulties experienced due to overload, busy signals, loss of internet service, electronic problems or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing an entry or for any technical malfunction related to any telephone connection, servers, routers, Facebook, Twitter, or any other technical problem that may impact entry or prize claim including, without limitation, any internet telephone call connections.
21. Magazine reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest; (ii) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and (iii) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the contest rules will be announced via social media, when practical.
22. These are general contest rules, and rules for individual contests may vary. To the extent that any individual contest rules differ from these rules, the individual contest rules will govern and control.
healthy living. healthy planet.